I love a person with a great sense of humor, and it’s even better when someone has a great sense of humor in the face of a tragedy. Losing a limb, whether leg, arm, finger, or combinations of the above, constitutes as a tragedy in my opinion. And I am super impressed by people who take what they are given, regardless of whether it was given through birth or by accident, and refuse to let it slow them down or hold them back. Here are 21 people who have an amazing sense of humor despite missing limbs, and I love them for it!
1. What’s even more amazing than his great sense of humor is the snow shark that he was able to build! I’m not a fan of snow but I find myself wishing for a big snow storm so I can try making one of my own.
2. This is great! However it makes me wonder what he did with his leg. When a limb is amputated, do you bury it or have it cremated so you can put it with the rest of you when the time comes?
3. I love how the majority of people don’t even notice this guy! I would be taking pictures after giving him a round of applause!
4. She has a LEGO leg! I’m sorry for trying to be funny and failing. However I think this lady is awesome, but her ankle looks a little weak.
5. It wasn’t until I was watching a show on TV about a pig farm and they were talking about pigs going to market that it clicked in my brain…the market the pigs go to was not a grocery store, but the meat market. Yeah, that only took me 31 years! I’m so smart! Like the meat market pigs, this little piggy won’t be coming back either!
6. His amputation scars made a perfect nose for this dolphin! When life hands you lemons…. He definitely took advantage of a less than ideal situation.
7. I would freak out if I came out to my car and saw this! Some people are just natural pranksters and this is the best!
8. It’s good to know that his legs still go together 😉
9. I’ve seen people try to dress up as the lamp from A Christmas Story with two legs, but they just can’t pull it off like this lady can! It makes me wonder how she plans to get around. She must be excellent at hopping!
10. His new prosthesis are anatomically correct and educational, if not entirely practical for walking purposes.
11. Now this guy obviously has a sense of humor, and must really enjoy thinking of great Halloween ideas. I like how the lampshade outfit lights up!
12. This is the same guy as in #11 (I believe) as a flamingo. I love his creativity and commitment to his costumes!
13. His prosthetic can do just about everything your real leg can do, but can your leg be turned into a mini table? Be jealous!
14. I’ve always wanted to dress up as Captain Morgan for Halloween, but it just wouldn’t be the same without a pegged leg!
15. It would seem that the end of a shoulder makes an ideal place for aquatic life tattoos, but this one lends itself to a more predatory fish than the friendly dolphin guy!
16. Now this is extremely imaginative however, his facial expression needs to be adjusted a little to take it to the next level. I would imagine a little more terror is needed for the hardwood floor shark! I love his sick sense of humor!
17. Without taking off his prosthetic you would never know a diabolical, scheming little Stewie was there!
18. Now this guy does Captain Morgan right! He even has some very fancy clothes and a real pegged leg!
19. This man was trapped in a vehicle for 6 days and had to have both feet amputated and this was his response. I love his attitude!
20. If you are missing 3 limbs, then you might as well act like a zombie and freak people out at the home improvement store!
21. This is a funny shirt all by itself, but add it to a missing limb and it’s hysterically funny!
I love that all these people have such a great of humor! I would like to think that I would be like one of them and find humor in a potentially depressing situation. Since you can’t go back to the way things were, you might as well make the best out of what you have! That is the best attitude you can possibly have!