Continued from page 1.
11. The internet gave a collective “Awwwwww” when J.K. Rowling announced that this would be Harry’s sons first year at Hogwarts. No one was surprise when he followed in his father’s footsteps and got sorted into Gryffindor.
12. Apparently gender equality is still a mystery to some people in the United States. When the Arizona Cardinals announced that they would be bringing in a female as a coach of their football team, some people felt the need to vent their needless frustration on Twitter.
13. Snapchat has consumed some people’s lives it seems. I have friends who send out snaps almost every 30 minutes, it can get ridiculous. Well apparently Snapchat being down was enough to bring on Twitter users next door neighbor to the point of actual anger.
14. The gold star under a Twitter post was one of the social media sites favorite features. So when Twitter turned it into a heart and started calling it the favorite button, people went a little crazy.
15. When a Twitter user posted a revelation she had after 19 years of wearing earrings, the internet erupted with opinions on the subject. Chelsea Smith posted that she just realized that you are supposed to take the plastic backing off your earrings. A simple fashion tip turned into a post with 40,000 shares. Some people were thankful for this tip, others got seriously pissed off.
16. NBC announced earlier this year that they would be airing a live reboot of the popular musical. The Wiz was specifically written for an all black cast, but that fact was lost on many people who decided it would be a good time to be racist.
17. Unless you have been living under a rock, you’ve heard about the new Star Wars movie. From everything I have heard, it is as good as advertised. Before the movie was even released however, some people on the internet got hung up on the fact that it introduced a black lead character. They didn’t think the Star Wars universe had room for a main character who was black. If you know anything about the franchise however, you know that everyone’s favorite Sith Lord was voiced by a legendary black actor….
18. I’m a huge Game Of Thrones Fan. I watch it religiously every Sunday night. Well this years finale caused the internet to absolutely exploded with people mourning the loss of a very high-profile character, Jon Snow.
19. So apparently the war for food has already begun. A New York Times writer suggested earlier this year that adding peas to guacamole would truly bring chips best friend to its rightful state of glory. Apparently the state of Texas and others on the internet did not find this funny.
A British supermarket made a HUGE mistake when they tried to capitalize on the World Cup Rugby mania that was sweeping the country. They attempted to created a pizza with toppings that looked like a rugby ball. Safe to say they did not accomplish their task, and social media had a field day. They pointed out that while it didn’t look like a rugby ball, it sure looked like some part of the female anatomy.
The internet is full of people who live and die by what is said and posted on social media. The over reactions that come with seeing something on the internet are truly remarkable. Hopefully 2016 will be a year of less drama for everyone involved.