Photos can be powerful, with no words but a simple image describing a certain time in history. The below photos are some of the most powerful photos you will ever see.
1. Alcoholic father and his son.
2. Indian homeless men waiting for free food.
3. Terri Gurrola is reunited after serving 7 months in Iraq.
4. A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bush fires in Victoria, Australia.
5. Christians protect Muslims during prayer in the midst of the 2011 uprisings in Cairo, Egypt
6. Diego Frazão Torquato, 12-year-old Brazilian playing the violin at his teacher’s funeral. The teacher had helped him escape poverty and violence through music.
7. Father and son, 1949 vs. 2009.
8. Heart surgeon after 23-hour-long (successful) heart transplant. His assistant is sleeping in the corner.
9. Inside an Auschwitz gas chamber
10. A starving boy and missionary
11. An Afghan man offers tea to soldiers
12. During massive floods in Cuttack City, India, in 2011, a heroic villager saved numerous stray cats by carrying them with a basket balanced on his head
13. Russian soldiers preparing for the Battle of Kursk, July 1943
14. Demonstration of condom usage at a public market in Jayapura, capital of Papua, 2009
15. Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
16. The Graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband, Holland, 1888
17. A woman sits amidst the wreckage caused by a massive earthquake and ensuing tsunami, in Natori, northern Japan, in March 2011
18. Flower Power
19. An old WW2 Russian tank veteran finally found the old tank in which he passed through the entire war – standing in a small Russian town as a monument
20. “Wait For Me Daddy,” by Claude P. Dettloff in New Westminster, Canada, October 1, 1940
History has proven to have some rough moments. These pictures capture some of the most emotional times in our history.