Timing is everything and if you can catch that split second when something magical happens you suddenly feel like a million bucks. I don’t know how many times I’ve wished I had my camera ready for some spectacular, unexpected events that have unfolded right in front of my eyes. Now I rely on my memory to bring back these momentous occasions, like watching my friend slip and fall on some ice in front of a huge group of girls he wanted to impress. Or the time I was driving up a canyon with a bull moose trotting just feet next to my vehicle for a few hundred yards. The photos below depict situations that are exactly like that and some of them will make your jaw drop for sure. They were all taken at the perfect moment, capturing something that really makes the photos a lot more exciting than they normally would have been. Some of these perfectly timed pictures are terrifying.
1. Looks like this bear had a friend who wants vengeance.
2. How are you going to get yourself out of this one?
3. His celebratory cheers might have been a little unplanned.
4. How does this even happen?
5. This cop didn’t go through this in training.
6. There’s probably a perfectly reasonable excuse for this.
7. He really wanted a closer look.
8. Excuse me sir, I believe there is a pride of lions behind you.
9. Do not turn around.
10. What makes that city so special?
11. You might want to hang on to your gun if you’re in a place with massive lions.
12. Not really the best time to be inattentive, buddy.
13. He must have forgotten that bears can climb trees.
14. Oh man, that’s gotta hurt.
15. Of all the places to crash, you pick the cactus.
16. You wouldn’t be smiling so big if you turned around.
17. Whale crap…
18. This looks like a good place to rest your trunk.
19. At this point he really wished he purchased the high-speed garage door.
20. Get out of the water now!
Whatever is in that last picture is absolutely horrifying and I don’t want to know what it is. From now on, I will be avoiding all riverbanks. Also, it’s probably not the best idea to be hunting meat in a place where you’re not on the top of the food chain. That just has disaster written all over it. These perfectly timed pictures are once in a lifetime events that were magically caught on film. Hopefully they all had a good outcome but I don’t see that with the guy falling from thousands of feet with a burning parachute.