Haunted places are a major draw for tourists, no matter where you are in the world. There are haunted tours and walks in almost every major city you go to. Around Halloween you don’t have to look far to find real haunted places that you can actually explore yourself. Well if you are a real supernatural phenomenon kind of person, there are plenty of places around the world you can travel to get your scare fix. Castles are one of the biggest draws for ghost tours. The history of castles is usually fairly bloody, with more than a few murders happening in each one. This is the perfect place to look if you want to find some ghosts with some unfinished business. Check out these 12 haunted castles and the stories surrounding them!
1. Castle Of Bardi, Italy- This gorgeous cliff side castle is said to be haunted by a military captain. His lover killed herself, and he followed not too long after.
2. Belcourt Castle, Rhode Island- After buying this castle, Harold Tinney unfortunately passed away. His spirit has never found rest though, and is still said to wander the halls of the castle.
3. Dragsholm Castle, Denmark- The ghost of the white lady, as she is called, is said to haunt this castle in Denmark. The story goes that after falling in love with a commoner, a girl who lived in the castle was locked up. In the beginning of the 20th century, a skeleton in a white dress was actually found in the walls of the castle.
4. Chateau de Brissac, France- This castle definitely has a bloody history. This castle is said to be haunted by cuckholders. A man walked in on his wife cheating on him in the castle and killed them both on the spot.
5. Larnach Castle, New Zealand- This castle in New Zealand is actually the home to a politician in New Zealand. It is said that the castle’s walls are haunted by a girl named Kate (the daughter of the original landlord) and Eliza (Larnach’s first wife).
6. Wolfsegg Castle, Germany- For five centuries, the spirits of two men have been roaming the halls of this German castle. It is said that these two men murdered the castle owner’s wife for cheating.
7. Castle of Horst, Belgium- Ever imagine a ghost arriving in a horse-drawn carriage? Well this one has just that. Lord of Rode arrives every night at midnight in a carriage drawn by six white horses because he cannot find peace in the after life. Maybe because he murdered a priest for sleeping with his wife.
8. Himeji Castle, Japan- This one kind of reminds me of the ring. Every night, the spirit of Okiku rises from the castles well. She screams and shrieks, scarring the bejeezus out of everyone.
9. Predjama Castle, Slovenia- There is a knight who still roams the grounds of this castle. It is believed he was killed while defending it.
10. Castle of Good Hope, South Africa- There are quite a few spirits who are having trouble finding rest here. Lady Anne Barnard is said to haunt the castle, along with a soldier who hung himself there and an army of soldiers who still patrol the castle.
11. Castle Fraser, Scotland- A princess was murdered in her sleep in this castle and roams the halls because the occupants tried to cover up her murder.
12. Arundel Castle, England- The Earl of Arundel haunts this place, and has for centuries. No one knows if he will ever be able to find peace.
These places would be amazing to go see in person. Not only can you explore the grounds and the building, but you can be on the lookout for actual ghosts. Enough people have sighted things in these places to make you really start to wonder if there is anything going on here. Even people who are skeptical of supernatural occurrences have to admit that when this many people have seen the same thing, it might really be true.