Here is a list of 100 year old hacks. Who knew they would have life hacks back in the day, but I guess when things were readily available they had to make due with what they had. Here are some life hacks that were used in the early 1900s.
1. Removing a splinter from your hand. I’m guessing it would work on other body parts as well.
2. Cutting down a tree so it falls the way you want it to. If cutting down trees is your thing.
3. Keeping plants watered with little to no effort. Because life gets busy.
4. Lighting a match in windy conditions. Rain is a whole different story.
5. Getting someone that can’t swim across the river. Boy scout 101 right there.
6. Keep on hand in case a fire breaks out… and you don’t already have a fire extinguisher.
7. Make your own filter.
8. Preserve your eggs. This only works for freshly laid. We all have those, right?
9. How to fight off a dog that is attacking. If you happen to have a long stick laying around.
These are awesome! I think most of these we could use in our lives nowadays.